Don't Spy On Me! The NYCLU's Spy Files Campaign
- About the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)
- To whom can I send a request if I think I’m being spied on?
- How much does it cost to make a request?
- What kind of information will I get?
- How do I make a request?
- How quickly will I get a response?
- Can I appeal an adverse response?
- Sample FOIA/FOIL request letters
This summary does not constitute legal advice. It is intended to provide general guidance only. If you have specific legal questions, consult a lawyer.
Click here to download the NYCLU's guide to filing your own Spy Files Request (PDF) -- or use the online version below. About the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)