We Belong Here – Defending and Protecting the Rights of Trans and Gender Diverse People to Exist and Thrive
Join the NYCLU and ACLU for our annual discussion and celebration of our LGBTQ+ rights work. Transgender, Gender Non-Conforming and Non-Binary people (TGNCNB) are just trying to live and enjoy their human rights. Trans youth and their families are facing some of the strongest attacks across the U.S. from state legislation aimed at limiting their access to health care and sports programs. Moreover, TGNCNB people strive to be recognized with IDs that match their gender identities and to work without facing discrimination, harassment, and criminalization. The ACLU and NYCLU, led by our staff with lived experience, are working with the TGNCNB community to fight back and to create affirming policies and protections – and we are making progress in New York.
Honoring Jon L. Stryker and Slobodan Randjelović
Philanthropists and Pioneering Supporters of the ACLU’s LGBTQ Rights Work
Featuring an exclusive performance from singer-songwriter Treya Lam.
- Arli Christian, Campaign Strategist, National Political Advocacy Department, ACLU
- James Esseks, Director, Jon L. Stryker and Slobodan Randjelović LGBTQ & HIV Project, ACLU
- Donna Lieberman, Executive Director, NYCLU
- Jared Trujillo, Policy Counsel, NYCLU
- Andraya Yearwood, ACLU Client (Soule et al v. CT Association of Schools et al)
- LaLa Zannell, Trans Justice Campaign Manager, ACLU
- Gabriella Larios, Equal Justice Works Fellow, NYCLU
- Bobby Hodgson, Senior Staff Attorney, NYCLU
- Allie Bohm, Policy Counsel, NYCLU
- Erika Lorshbough, Deputy Policy Director, NYCLU
- Brandon Uranowitz, Actor, Tony Nominee, NYCLU Artist Ambassador