For the past seven years, George Bush has repeatedly violated the Constitution. Even worse, Congress let it happen!
This isn't our America. It's time to take action.
On June 26th, the NYCLU will travel to Washington, DC to participate in a nation-wide rally on Capitol Hill. Join us to lobby your elected representatives and meet thousands of activists from around the country.
The rally and lobby visits will ask legislators to:
* Restore due process and the power of courts to hear habeas corpus cases.
* Reform the abuses of the Military Commissions Act by passing the Restoring the Constitution Act of 2007.
* End torture and abuse in secret prisons.
* Stop extraordinary rendition that allows secretly kidnapping people and sending them to countries that torture.
* Close the detention center at Guantánamo Bay and give those held there access to justice.
* Investigate wrongdoing and ensure those who broke the law are held accountable.
* Restore American values and the rule of law.
Buses will be leaving from throughout New York State to Washington.
Your voice is needed to put an end to the abuse of power in Washington. Join us!
For more information about participating and to sign up for the event, click here.