Join the NYCLU's Genesee Valley Chapter and its allies on Wednesday, Feb. 17 for a series of stops on the "Road Trip for Our Future" campaign for comprehensive immigration reform. The day of events will include rallies at U.S. Rep. Eric Massa's office in Pittsford and U.S. Rep. Chris Lee's office in Greece. The rallies are part of the Reform Immigration For America’s “Road Trip for our Future”, a five-day caravan across New York State to persuade lawmakers to support comprehensive immigration reform that respects everyone's civil rights and liberites. The events will include local speakers, activists, and immigrants who will share their stories. We will demand an immigration reform package that:
- Provides a realistic pathway to citizenship.
- Restores due process, judicial review and basic fairness to the immigration system.
- Treats immigrants in detention centers humanely.
- Ends local enforcement of immigration laws.
- Rejects backdoor attempts to establish a national ID card.