Salary: $45,741 – $60,819
The New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU) is one of the nation's leading advocates on behalf of constitutional rights and liberties. Founded in 1951, as the New York affiliate of the American Civil Liberties Union, the NYCLU is a not-for-profit, nonpartisan organization with more than 180,000 members and supporters, and eight offices statewide. We work in the courts, in the legislatures and on the streets to advocate for racial and economic justice, free speech, freedom of religion, privacy and equality before the law for all New Yorkers. For more information, please visit our website: www.nyclu.org.
DEI VISION STATEMENT
The NYCLU affirmatively values the humanity and contributions of those we work with, inside and outside of the organization; and will take action to build and sustain an equitable, anti-racist culture that centers the voices and experiences of marginalized and directly impacted people and communities, and an organizational environment where all people feel valued, trusted, and respected. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve and actively recruit people of color, women, people with disabilities, formerly incarcerated people, and LGBTQ and gender non-conforming people.
The position is responsible for managing the design, planning, office space and computer equipment for NYCLU network, database and acting as systems administrator to perform essential functions internally and serve as liaison between the NYCLU and its IT consultancy partners.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in analyzing information to recommend, plan layout for computers and peripheral equipment and system that provide for the efficient operation NYCLU internally and externally,
- Consult with NYCLU managers and external contractors regarding organizational needs for computers requirements and personnel training,
- Assist in overseeing daily activities of information systems for NYCLU providing in-time IT trouble shooting- assistances and facilitating technical training at all levels within the organization.
- Maintaining space & facilities management
- Maintaining office security & access
- Employee on-boarding and off-boarding procedures
- Setup of workstations and user accounts
- Research and draft instructions regarding best tech practices and policies
- Educate staff members on latest trends and best practices in tech
- Manage vendor contracts and maintain vendor lists and contact information
- Meetings/events management and catering, if needed
- Budgeting and tracking of IT and office expenses
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter via: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/850394/New-York-Civil-Liberties-Union-Foundation/Operations-CoordinatorIT-Lead
The NYCLU is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, record of arrest or conviction or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and having a workforce that reflects the population that we serve.
The NYCLU is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need assistance applying online, please e-mail email@example.com. If you are selected for an interview, you will receive additional information regarding how to request an accommodation for the interview process.