For the second time, the ACLU and its New York affiliate, the New York Civil Liberties Union, are joining the 2019 TCS New York City Marathon as a Charity Partner. Help us run the distance in our tireless defense of civil liberties and civil rights for all New Yorkers.
Team ACLU New York runners will receive the following benefits:
- Guaranteed entry into the 2019 TCS NYC Marathon
- One Year of ACLU/NYCLU Membership
- Personal fundraising page via CrowdRise to support and track the campaign
- Free ACLU/ NYCLU t-shirt and swag
- Fundraising resources and support to meet your fundraising goal
- Access to TCS NYC Marathon training sessions and other resources
- ACLU and NYCLU social and other media exposure
If selected to run with Team ACLU New York, you agree to raise or donate a minimum of $5,000. Your tax-deductible donations will directly support New Yorkers across the state and nationwide through our advocacy, litigation, and education work.
Please let us know if you have your sights set on a higher fundraising goal, we are happy to work with you!
Interested in running? Contact Oshadi Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be responsible for the race registration fee, due at the time you confirm your participation on the team. The fees are as follows, and are in addition to your fundraising goal.
- U.S. residents (those who live in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia)
- NYRR members: US $255
- Non-members: US $295
- Non-U.S. residents (including Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories): US $358
Already registered to run the 2019 NYC Marathon? Join Team ACLU New York by committing to raise a minimum of $1,000 and receive the first 5 team benefits listed.
We have a limited number of guaranteed entries so if you are interested in running on Team ACLU New York, please fill out the form by March 8, 2019.
Please note: if you are selected as a runner for Team ACLU New York, you will sign a binding contract. Your guaranteed entry is non-refundable and non-transferable. You cannot cancel your obligation to fulfill your fundraising and the ACLU of New York reserves the right to charge the balance to the credit card we have on file. We accept American Express, Visa and MasterCard. The amount charged to your credit card will be considered a charitable donation and is non-refundable. A confirmation of this donation for tax purposes will be mailed to you. We will let you know before charging the card. Once all available entries are accepted, a waiting list will be started for the team.