Get Flash to see this player.
- standardized data elements and security features on driver's licenses. At a minimum, all licenses would contain the carrier's full legal name, birth date, gender, driver's license number, photograph, principle address and signature.
- presence of a "machine-readable zone" on the license to allow for the easy capture of information contained on a license
- connectivity to a 50-state, interlinked database making driver's personal information available to the federal government, U.S. territories and every DMV office in the country
- proof of a driver license applicant's full legal name, date of birth, Social Security Number, principal address and lawful status in the United States
- state verification of every document presented at motor vehicles agencies as part of an application for a Real ID card